Nearly Hallow´een again!

I cannot belive it! Mr Meldrew style she shouts. Nearly the end of October already - how time zooms in La Alpujarra!

The first year we were here in 2006, the then Directora of the school had a culture attack and decided to introduce a Hallow´een party to welcome the new Guiris - my kids.  A previously unheard of Pagan act for this good Catholic village...

And it was a great success with everyone getting a little silly and Stan going over the top with the flour and water prosthetics ensuring screams of delight from the kids and screams of fear from the old lady brigade who all went around crossing themselves and uttering oaths....

In the years since the school has always made an effort, and let´s face it, we like dressing up too and I do all the village kids make up....but instead of scary they all end up looking like mini Angelina Jolie´s...


This year Toñi is arranging something up at her Bar - I think I may have agreed to make Toffee Apples so expect me sticking to the keyboard next week.  That´s planned for Monday as the kids all have the next off due to All Saints day on Tuesday - not a day off for the 90´s girl band you heathens - a day to remember the dead...

Heavy rain this week, I should be at Spanish class now but I have only finished working - and the fire is blazing...I think maybe a glass of red instead. Saturday we have a party here for the other Extrañjeros who we meet twice weekly for class, beer and a chat....tomorrow is Cultural society meeting, and Sunday I just may do absolutely nothing...But for now the leg is cramped and the back requires the wooden back stretcher for 5 minutes...

Have a great weekend all.....x

Thanks to B0nes at Flickr for the pic!

Comments