A shining star

2 days to go da da da da da - and I have been mostly bad so shall expect nothing, hee hee.
Stan and I went for our 'usual' last night - we like an early beer when the bar is deserted, the owners son and wife are there and their little girl.
Previously Stan's No 1 fan, since I won the Hello Kitty pram and passed it over she has transferred all her attention to me, and she is such a little doll.
Not yet two  and a half she can count, knows her colours in English and her alphabet...a little bright star.

I was foxed into playing 'carro' again last night....plaintive calls of Carol, Carol - and worringly at one stage Mama - patiently explained  - er No, at one awful moment of `Abuela .....I guess I am technically old enough to be an Abuela but have no intentions for at least 20 yrs or so.  I wasn't exactly a child bride when I dragged the younger Stan up the aisle and was confirmed and labelled as a Mature Mother on the two occasions I gave birth - but thinking about it we seem to regress rather than grow old gracefully.  Other folk our age are, well, settled - and can sit and chat about  - cue Eastenders accent - Family.... or TV or The Weather. Or worse still, a sentence that starts with Back Home....

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

We still like to work hard and party hard and this is the season - yahoo.

So, with good hope for my liver and legs, we shall start the festive season tonight - good friend and neighbour celebrates her birthday, so without looking at the calendar I guess today is Santa Rosario...

Off to wave a mop half heartedly at the house,make some Bloody Mary prawns for the party,  rouse the kids and do Christmassy stuff...

It's Friday! Throw down those tools and start the party!

CARRO - PRAM
ABUELA-GRANDMOTHER

Comments