But what about when you have been here too long?
There are the 'signs', you know.....read on...!
- You're at the market, and you think,
ooh, that's a nice dress.
- You punctuate everything with ......Que Rollo, and Claro ......but you're talking to an English speaker...
- When you are happy to discuss all problems, openly, and the bank on Monday morning seems like a nice spot for it
- You start to avoid the sun
- Your 12 yr old decides she's going for a Paseo with her mates at midnight, and thats okay...
- The salt police are but a distant memory
- you stop wondering,
how long has that sausage been cooked for?
- A walk in the Campo means bringing back an armful of food
- Pre dinner drinks at the neighbours house start at midnight
- You look at a pig and mentally joint it up, licking your lips
- Tapas are the new Hor d'oevres...but all you can think of is Russian salad and Tortilla....
- And the really scary bit....
- I've gone right off Baked Beans.