Serenity? Bugger that!

Now, Buddism and meditation are something I´d like to be good at - I guess if I wasn´t brought up Catholic and sought out the help of St Anthony every time I lose something....I might actually be one.

Wicca is probably more up my street - in fact if I could make the next couple of days disappear with a flick of my wand I would - pass me that cauldron...

Far flung guests arrive Saturday - black pearl farmers from Australia no less - Stan and Issey have gone to the UK (every little helps as they say) No 1 client is here - I must stop saying client it makes me sound like some sort of lady of the night, I guess at my rates a very cheap one - and I have a zillion words to write before my employer inquires to ask whether I have left the country.....

Today I could not locate the front door key for Casa Duende - kind of imperative for guests - woke Stan up in the UK to shout at him, prayed to St Anthony, located the aforementioned client to see whether he had a copy, first having searched for his number in an email from 2006. - not great at filing - `encouraged´ 17yr old to get up (failed) tripped over cat, fielded call from Satellite man, had row with son, FOUND KEY - Hurrah -  and finally made a cup of tea and sat on step to lower blood pressure.

 Looking for something to focus on for a little meditation I discarded the drip of the leaking tap and subsequent drip of bucket underneath and instead concentrated hard on dappled sunlight and a shadow on my neighbours wall.

Trying hard to ignore chomping sounds from Luna  - stray dog - enjoying her Desayuno.....Cat no 2 decided this was great opportunity to sit on my knee and drive all her knives in.  Ignoring her, well it might be my Father reincarnated, he liked cats, I ommed and ommed and ...........no, it´s no bloody good.

The fish man shouting PESCADOOOOOOOOOOO, the bread van tooting, the thought of all still to do... and finally..............Luna seeing my eyes closed decided tea would be lovely to wash her breakfast down.....slurp slurp......

Comments