New year, new skin.....

Scraping back a layer and renewing sounds more like a surgical procedure, conjuring thoughts of Harley street and going under the knife. Yikes. But today there are many products which will give you a chance to banish dead skin cells and enjoy a new skin glow. Naturally.

As a regular reviewer for the top natural beauty company Mypure, I was interested to see they were exclusively stocking Sophyto, and keen to try some of this brand out.


Who are Sophyto?


Founder Karen Sinclair Drake is a skin health expert who pioneered the concept of using functional medical principles in skincare to optimise natural skin functions. SOPHYTO skincare actively transforms the skin with pH optimised, nutrient dense formulations for a more even, youthful appearance. It reduces sensitivity and bacterial overgrowth, regulates moisture, tightens follicles, reduces pore size and wrinkle depth and firms skin.

Browsing the options available, I chose the Revitalising Duo Treatment, retailing at £25.00 - a lot cheaper than a salon trip!

Why? Well, I was keen to sluice off the dead skin cells, and see what difference a treatment with this product would make. The blurb sounded spot-on:

Helps to effectively dissolve dead skin cells with a mildly acidic combination of precious amethyst powder, acerola cherry and pineapple enzymes.
Key actives - Pineapple & acerola cherry, Amethyst powder, Chlorella extract.
88% Organic
Gluten Free


So, I gave it a go, following the instructions carefully. I thought it might be a bit abrasive, given the nature of the product, but found it quite kind. To be honest I had to repeat the procedure 3 times over 2 weeks to see the effect, and it did make a difference, sluicing away dead cells and resulting in a far brighter complexion, and a more even skintone. My skin feels firmer, pore size in problem areas reduced visibly.

The product suggests using as part of the collection, of course, but I found it worked fine with my regular Mádara cleanser and moisturiser - neither of which I'm ready to swap! I always finish the day with some organic A'kin rosehip oil too, which has reduced the visibility of a facial scar.  Would I buy this product? Yes, I think so, as a bi monthly treatment I think, to counteract seasonal change and as a renewal treatment. Have you tried any of the Sophyto range? What do you think?

Comments